From Tom Bichay <bic...@gmx.net>
Subject Continuous Feed usage with CouchDB
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:10:10 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to implement a continuous _changes connection to couchdb (cloudant) with jQuery
from a different domain (that's why I am using JSONP).

With:

$.ajax({
          url: "http://app264565.heroku.cloudant.com/geocha/_changes?filter=channel/messages_for&include_docs=true&feed=continuous&channel="+geocha.channelId,
          dataType: "jsonp",
          jsonp: "geocha.chat.stateChanged"
        });

where "geocha.chat.stateChanged" is my callback function, I would expect to get invoked each
time the continuous connection gets a new object.

But it does not.

It connects correctly to the correct couchdb server and I can inspect the correct returned
json (even when I am saving new documents), but I am not able to invoke any function for changes.
I tried to append an onreadystatechange event listener:

var connection = $.ajax({
          url: "http://app264565.heroku.cloudant.com/geocha/_changes?filter=channel/messages_for&include_docs=true&feed=continuous&channel="+geocha.channelId,
          dataType: "jsonp",
          jsonp: "geocha.chat.stateChanged"
        });

connection.onreadystatechange = geocha.chat.stateChanged;

But as a JSONP-Connection is not a real XMLHttpRequest object that is not possible.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my code?

I tried heaps of different things ($.get, $.getJSON, $.jsonp plugin). But it is always the
same problem.

I just need a way to invoke a function for each new arriving json.

Thanks
Tom
--
BICHAY IT [bi:shay]