From Dan Himes <dhi...@vlesolutions.com>
Subject Re: old db version number showing up in names-> unreadable docs
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:42:56 GMT
One final note:  the admin permissions remained in local.ini, but I had
to reset the ownership of the files and directories in /etc/couchdb to
couchdb before I could actually log in as  a server admin.  This fixed
the "login hanging" problem I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Dan

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 14:39 -0400, Dan Himes wrote:

> That seemed to work.  Note to those following:  I had to log in as user
> couchdb (su couchdb) to copy the files with the correct permissions.
>
> Thank you, Paul!
>
> On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 14:26 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > Right, no idea what couch.uri is, but to fix it you should just need
> > to move what's in the 0.10.0 up one directory. If there's nothing in
> > that directory you can just delete it.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Dan Himes <dhimes@vlesolutions.com> wrote:
> > > /var/lib/couchdb:
> > > 0.10.0  couch.uri  _users.couch
> > >
> > > It looks like it made a "back-up" directory 0.10.0 of the existing
> > > databases (that's what's in 0.10.0 directory)

Ie, the db

rmdir /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/

 However, futon