From Dan Himes <dhi...@vlesolutions.com>
Subject Re: old db version number showing up in names-> unreadable docs
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:16:54 GMT
Thanks, Paul.

/etc/init.d/couchdb stop
attempted to reload futon, but reload failed so couchdb was stopped

 I did command you indicated with "cp" instead of "mv" (and didn't
delete)

/etc/init.d/couchdb start

reload futon successful,  but futon is still pointing to /0.10.0/
directory.

Tried to "configure," but says I'm not a server admin.  I am, but now
need to see how to tell futon.  I didn't run into this before, but maybe
I just didn't get that far.  I had set myself up in couchdb 0.10.0 as a
db admin, but not a server admin.  Old dbadmin credentials don't appear
to be recognized as login is hanging.

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 11:58 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> Most odd.
>
> Sounds like a config changed from the previous version. Ie, the db
> path went from:
>
> /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/

> /path/to/dbs/
>
> Which isn't out of this world unbelievable. To fix it, just do:
>
> sudo mv /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/* /path/to/dbs/ && rmdir /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/
>
> Make sure couchdb is stopped when you do that to avoid other funny errors.
>
> Also, make sure to have a backup if you're not comfortable moving
> datafiles around on the command line.
>
> Paul
>
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Dan Himes <dhimes@vlesolutions.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm brand new, but I couldn't find a reference to this problem.  I had
> > the ubuntu package couchdb 0.10 installed, but recently moved to 1.0.1
> > by installing from source following the guide here:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu).  However, futon
> > now shows the database as 0.10.0/dbname (for example,
> > 0.10.0/hello-world), and when I click on it I get the error:
> >
> > +++
> > Error: illegal_database_name
> >
> > Only lowercase characters (a-z), digits (0-9), and any of the characters
> > _, $, (, ), +, -, and / are allowed. Must begin with a letter.
> > +++
> >
> > I understand what the error means, but not how to move past it.  Thank
> > you for your help!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Dan

Daniel E. Himes, Ph.D.
President
Virtual Learning Environment Solutions, Inc.
4 Bartlett St ~ Marblehead  Massachusetts ~ 01945-2720
781.277.1151