From "Johannes J. Schmidt" <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Re: Updates methods
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 05:08:36 GMT
Hi James,

Update handlers are not automatically executed on regular document
updates. Instead, you have to PUT your update to an URL like

$HOST/$DB/_design/update/_update/add_user

You will have to process every property manually inside the update
function.

Read more about update handlers in the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Document_Update_Handlers

Greetings
Johannes
Am Donnerstag, den 09.09.2010, 00:04 +0100 schrieb James Jackson:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement a method to modify all documents before they are written to the
DB. From my poking around in various tickets, I believe the updates entry in a design document
is what I'm after (I'm running 1.0.1).

> I have inserted the following design document into my database:
>
> {
>    "_id":"_design/update",
>    "_rev":"1-8800f3bdde13e5bcf6738635f0265b6d",
>    "language":"javascript",
>    "updates" : {
>       "add_user":"function(doc, req){doc.newauth = req.userCtx; return [doc, \"ok\"];}"
>    }
> }
>
> However, this does not appear to get run when putting a document to the database (nothing
in the debug log but the usual). Is this functionality supported? Am I doing something funny?
All help appreciated!

--
Netzmerk GbR
Johannes J. Schmidt