From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Re: {os_process_error,{exit_status,0}}
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:10:43 GMT

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 17:58 +0100, Matthew Molinyawe wrote:
> After a few runs of accessing some couchdb views, I get the following
> error.  I suspect this may be because of some setup configuration I
> might be missing.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> ================================================================================================================================================
> [Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:49:27 GMT] [error] [emulator] Error in process
> <0.25510.9> with exit value:
> {{nocatch,{os_process_error,{exit_status,0}}},[{couch_os_process,prompt,2},{couch_query_servers,'-map_docs/2-fun-1-',2},{lists,map,2},{couch
> _query_servers,map_docs,2},{couch_view_updater,view_compute,2},{couch_view_updater...

I had this issue and it was because the couchjs process was crashing. In
my case it's because the default javascript stack size wasn't enough to
decompose some of my larger documents. I recompiled with a larger value
and my problem is solved.

I'm pretty much a couch novice so this might all be a red herring, but
you might like to see if your couchjs process is crashing. Perhaps run
an strace against the running couchjs process and trigger a view and see
what happens.

If you use quite a large value for the -s option to strace you might get
enough context in the dumped strings to see what's going wrong.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.