From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues while using couchdb http cookie auth
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 17:11:57 GMT

On Aug 5, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Mahendra M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to setup and use couchdb http cookie auth. I could
> not find any "official" documentation for the same. A bit of searching around
> gave me these.
>
> 1. http://pierrel.posterous.com/securing-couchdb (seems new)
> 2. http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@couchdb.apache.org/msg02631.html (2009)
> 3. http://www.jasondavies.com/blog/2009/05/27/secure-cookie-authentication-couchdb
>
> My requirement is this.
> * Have one db with user related docs.
> * The key of the doc is the userid
> * The sha1 hashed password for each user is stored in his doc.
> * I want to issue cookies based on a userid and password posted to couchdb.

This is pretty much how the built-in auth works. Jan is working on a document here:

http://wiki.couchapp.org/page/authn-preview

The other thing to do is just use the signup and login buttons on Futon to do the same thing.
Look in the lower right corner of http://localhost:5984/_utils/

I have code here that also does signup and login (using the jquery plugin that ships with
couch)

http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/blob/master/vendor/evently/account/doSignup.js