From Tom Hoag <...@cluebucket.com>
Subject Installing Couchdb on EC2 -- make error
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:35:05 GMT
I've been attempting to install couchdb on EC2 using the wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_Amazon_EC2

I wasn't able to get configure to run until I changed my sources.list
from 'intrepid min' to 'jaunty'

Now I'm getting stuck on make -- everything appears to be fine until:

/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt_records.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt_std.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochiglobal.erl
./mochiglobal.erl:36: type boolean() undefined
make[3]: *** [mochiglobal.beam] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb/src/mochiweb'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas on what I can pursue here?

(Also, is there a means to search the mailing list archives?)

thanks

tom

Tom Hoag
Cluebucket Software LLC