From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reverse proxy discouraged?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:07:47 GMT
Ahh. I understand your problem.
Your html cannot reference :5984, for cross-domain rules (as you
noted), but instead the path you've forwarded to Couch.
I'm not an apache wizard. I won't even pretend to try to tell you how.
But if the example on the wiki and the apache docs is not enough,
hopefully someone can chime in here or maybe you can find someone on
IRC if you catch them at the right time.

Asking in a more apache-specific forum might also yield some help.
Even if they're not familiar with Couch I assume anyone with
sufficient knowledge of the apache web server should be able to direct
you to how to get X-domain between virtual hosts, if indeed it's
virtual hosts that are the key.

Good luck, Dan! And please, when you find out what you were missing
please tell everyone here and update the wiki with any useful info. I
have a feeling you're not the first nor the last person to try to set
this up.

Cheers,
Randall