From Michael <newmani...@gmail.com>
Subject beam.smp, 1.0.1 and high load
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:23:10 GMT
Hello all;

I upgraded to 1.0.1 yesterday and woke up with an unbelievable load on my
little cloud system. Essentially all the system does is update 1500 or so
documents every 5 minutes via cron. This took about 30 seconds with marginal
load before the upgrade. I restarted couch this morning, ran the tests to
double check my install and I just got up from my desk and saw the load on
my machine hitting 10.0 and beam.smp being the cause. I couldn't get the
load back down without stopping couchdb (all crons were killed). Once I shut
down couch the system is back to normal.

All of the tests except for one pass fine right now. The stat test that
checks all_dbs_active seems to be able to create more databases than 5
without throwing an error. I don't think this is related.

I am starting to think my install wasn't clean, but thought I would bring it
up here before I cleared out couchdb and reinstalled. Anyone else see this
behavior?

Ubuntu 10.04, 256mb cloud system.

Thanks,
Michael