From matt hebel <mhe...@gmail.com>
Subject how to handle multiple where clauses?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:54:35 GMT
Hello, my data is kind of unique and it will work best if i use couchDB to
store and retrieve the data but I'm having a hard time getting out what I
need.

a document looks like this.

{
   "_id": "7d33b72f256fae4615dcea99cd7a2239",
   "_rev": "1-587b7a9811db08f8abf925bc44a23bb9",
   "term": "A",
   "course_code": "1011",
   "course_title": "Internet: Behind the Curtain",
   "subject": "COMPSCI",
   "section": "002",
   "type": "LEC",
   "class_number": 31912,
   "building_room": "MC-105B",
   "Instructor": "Andrews",
   "full": false,
   "time": [
       {
           "day": "W",
           "start": 1230,
           "end": 1330
       },
       {
           "day": "T",
           "start": 1230,
           "end": 1330
       }
   ],
   "days": {
       "M": {
           "s": 1230,
           "e": 1330
       },
       "Tu": {
       },
       "W": {
           "s": 1430,
           "e": 1530
       },
       "Thu": {
       },
       "F": {
       }
   }
}

Where I'm having problems is getting out the sections that belong together.
I need to know that its from subject, term,course_code. If that data is not
provided i will end up with a mess of data that do not relate because there
are courses with course code 1011 in other subjects. Therefor make it unique
i need the subject, term, and course code.

Should i design my documents differently?

or how should i retrieve this data?

Matt