From sgoto <samuelg...@gmail.com>
Subject What are the contents of userCtx in validators ?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 03:30:09 GMT
Hey everyone,

   According to this page:

http://books.couchdb.org/relax/design-documents/validation-functions

   An administrator could write validation function to ensure the data that
gets written to couchdb is validated. I'm interested in adding some PGP-like
signing of documents for authentication. I'm also interested in md5ing the
contents of the message to ensure integrity, but i'll leave that for later.

  This leads me to the following question:

  What are the contents of userCtx in the validator's signature ?

function(newDoc, oldDoc, userCtx) {
  throw({forbidden : 'no way'});
}

would it be the contents of the authentication database ?

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Authentication_and_Authorization

{
  "_id"          : "org.couchdb.user:joe",
  "type"         : "user",
  "name"         : "joe",
  "roles"        : ["erlanger"],
  "password_sha" : "fe95df1ca59a9b567bdca5cbaf8412abd6e06121",
  "salt"         : "4e170ffeb6f34daecfd814dfb4001a73"
}

any existing work/library/method (eg CA vs web of trust, storing encrypted
documents, signing, integrity, etc) that I should be aware of ?

--
f u cn rd ths u cn b a gd prgmr !