From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: cross domain calls in couchdb list function
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:13:26 GMT
On 17 August 2010 19:47, Jyoti Venkatesh <Jyoti.Venkatesh@niit-tech.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couchdb list function. I am calling this function from a javascript in another
domain and i am facing cross domain call issue. How do i solve this in couchdb? What should
i do in list function to solve the cross domain call issue or is there anything i need to
do in couchdb admin?

Hi Jo

I'm not an expert but the 2 usual ways of resolving this are - other
than getting your domains sorted -
- use a proxy / reverse proxy to rewrite URLs so that the browser does
not see the separated domains
- JSONP which I know very little about other than running into it on
the jquery website some time ago http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.getJSON/
I suspect this only works for GET not PUT/POST/whatever

cheers
Dave