From Landon Clark <lan...@lclark.net>
Subject invalid UTF-8 JSON
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:39:05 GMT
I am using a tool called Chef to manage our servers.  Chef uses
CouchDB as a backend storage engine.  Chef captures about 200KB of
data about the configuration of each server.  Occasionally, CouchDB
returns an error (using both 1.0.1 on OSX 10.6 and .10.0 on Ubuntu
10.4):
{"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid UTF-8 JSON"}

As far as I can tell, the JSON is valid.  I have loaded it using the
Ruby JSON parser and a JSONlint validator.

Can someone give me a hint about how I should go about debugging this?
 I tried enabling debugging in CouchDB but that did not give me any
more information that I can decipher.

Attached in the JSON and I am trying to load it using this command:
curl -X PUT -H "content-type: application/json"
http://127.0.0.1:5984/test/doc -d @error.log

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Landon