From Bruno Rohée <doublestagetrig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb on OS X asks for user/password when using curl
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:54:33 GMT
$ curl -u myusername http://anonexistenthost:5984
Enter host password for user 'myusername':

Curl ask for a password before even opening the connection, so my best
guess is that your .curlrc specifies a username for some reasons.

can connect to via the web browser (http://127.0.0.1:5984/). I got the expected result:
> "{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"1.0.0"}"
>
> But when I try to connect via curl: " curl http://127.0.0.1:5984"  curl asks me: "Enter
host password for user 'myusername'". Why? I did not configure any authentication. What would
the right user/pasword combination be?