From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to handle multiple where clauses?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 02:04:15 GMT
You have two options:
Since these combination of things uniquely identifies a course you
could set the _id field explicitly to something like
subject:term:course_code. Choose whatever separator you need or encode
the parts such that you can be sure you can always make sense of it.

The option option is to add a view to a design document which emits
[subject, term, course_code].
Depending on the sorts of queries you want to do you should choose an
ordering of these terms such that you can answer as many of your
queries as possible with simple range requests.

See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_collation for more information.

Hope that helps!
Randall