From Yue Chuan Lim <shasder...@gmail.com>
Subject Data loss
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 03:58:55 GMT
I have a set of documents that have been committed for more then a day,
regularly read from without a problem. Had to stop the database service to
do some debugging, used the couchdb.bat provided in CouchDB/bin for easy
access to the log. And I noticed that I basically lost all the documents in
question.

There does not appear to be corruption per se, but it is as if my database
just rolled back to the state it was in a few days ago, i.e. most of my
documents are there but some old documents that I'm pretty sure I have
deleted are back, and my newer documents are gone.

Appears to have happened to me more then once, shrugged it off the last time
as it might be just a mix up, but I am definite that my database has
certainly rolled back this time.

Is there any situation in which this might happen?

Thanks
Yue Chuan