From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Writing List/Show/Filter/etc. Functions
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:01:59 GMT
On 17 August 2010 05:22, King Huang <> wrote:
> Hi,
> How are people writing functions in _design documents? Futon's useful for map/reduce
functions, but what about everything else? Right now, I write code in BBEdit (on Mac OS X),
then have to do a search/replace to convert line breaks, tabs, etc. into \n, \t, paste it
into a _design doc in Futon, and test. It's really tedious.
> What kind of workflows do people have for efficiently writing and testing functions?
> Thanks,
> King Chung Huang
> Technology Solutions Analyst
> Information Technologies
> University of Calgary

Hi King Huang

couchapp is a python tool that amongst other things allows using all
of your maps/list/shows/docs as separate files, and then packages them
up into a single design doc.

There are a bunch of other pages on the wiki incl a few tutorials.

View raw message