From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reverse proxy discouraged?
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:42:26 GMT
I think for your use case a reverse proxy is fine, especially if the
'web2.0' content is a server itself running
python/ruby/perl/java/erlang/scala/node/insert/favorite/middleware/here
At which point you likely don't even need to expose couch to the
outside at all. Just put it in your private network and access it from
your application server.

Exposing couch directly to the world via a reverse proxy is probably
only a good plan if you need to co-host a public couch with other apps
or static files behind different virtual hosts or if you want to do
complicated authentication in front of your couch that couchdb can't
do itself.

-Randall

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 15:41,  <whimsica@aol.com> wrote:
> Is using a reverse proxy to serve up html and couchdb from the same domain and port problematic?
> Someone told me that it is highly discouraged
>
> and that html pages should be served from couchdb.
> But on a site that is web 2.0 and has a complicated GUI there would need to be 100's
of attachments that would be necessary to correctly