From Kenneth Tyler <...@8thfold.com>
Subject Re: let me introduce myself .. Paul G
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 01:04:25 GMT
 "It can be a bit of a challenge for the more experienced among us to help
people like you, because not only are we teaching you CouchDB, we're
teaching you how to program as well. thanks for reminding us of that."

this is one way to think about it. if you think that the potential users of
couchdb will be more or less the set of people that might be potential users
of something like ruby on rails.
It seems to me that such an approach, while generous and helpful, will
really put a ceiling on the growth of couchdb... it has the potential to
replace things like ms access and filemaker... but only if ways are
developed that let people approach it and work with it who, while they are
skilled users, and can create complex aps, are not really "programmers".

i think it would be possible to present couchdb in a way that would make it
accessible to this much larger group of people... but there is not much
evidence of such resources yet

ken tyler