From Gordon Leland Hempton <ghemp...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:18:46 GMT
I am working with a database of ~10 mil docs and 30GB size. I am trying to
build a view consisting of a single field as the key and a null document.

After creating the view and trying to access it, the couchdb beam.smp
command eventually goes up to 12.3GB virtual memory and uses 3.7GB of
physical memory. Memory is clearly the bottleneck as the CPU usage is around
5-15%. My system only has 4GB of memory so naturally all this paging is
slowing everything down to a crawl.

After a few minutes this usage will go back down, but it will get to the
same levels every time I access the view (which is still building and has
been for 12 hours).

Is this normal? How can I improve this?

--
Gordon L. Hempton