From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb on OS X asks for user/password when using curl
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:09:21 GMT

can connect to via the web browser (http://127.0.0.1:5984/). I got the expected result:
> "{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"1.0.0"}"
>
> But when I try to connect via curl: " curl http://127.0.0.1:5984"  curl asks me: "Enter
host password for user 'myusername'". Why? I did not configure any authentication. What would
the right user/pasword combination be?

I've never seen this before. When you go to Futon, does the lower-right hand corner say you
are in Admin Party? If so, this really shouldn't be happening and I'd start to investigate
the curl side of the equation.

Chris