From whims...@aol.com
Subject how do you authenticate a user to view their own database
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:13:14 GMT

I'm confused about the _users authentication vs the authorization for an individual database
under _security.

I want a person to signup on my website so they can store their own data.
So I create a database for them.
joesdatabase

Another user signs up and I create a database for them
bobsdatabase

now I want joe to save info in his database only
and bob to save info in his database only.

Do I have to put joe's info in the _user doc. If so why? Is that to authorize him to get into
the system?
If so how do I know which databases he can read or access is that in the _security db.
How do you add info to the _security

I am totally confused about how these are set and how they work together.

Dan