From whims...@aol.com
Subject Re: reverse proxy discouraged?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 01:03:15 GMT
What about these scenarios:

1. I have a web 2.0 GUI based application where a user can create some content by pushing
buttons and writing snippets of code -- the end result is stored as text -- and then saved
to the database.
2. I want the user to be able to list their files, edit them, then resave them -- all from
the web 2.0 interface.

or

1.  I have a web 2.0 application where users input the vitamins levels they take vs their
symptom levels for each day. Each day
they can input their own symptom descriptions and values like 1 to 10.
2. When prompted,  the system grabs all their data and runs statistics on it in javascript.

In each case I want to do authentication -- like login/session/signup.
That kind of thing.

The web 2.0 GUI interfaces for both these projects involve
1000's of lines of javascript from different libraries, and multiple graphic image sets for
the GUI, all of which are changing all the time
during the development process.

How is couchdb used in these scenarios. Right now I'm trying to get it working with couch.js
but running into the cross domain problem.  I can't send anything from an html page into the
:5984 port.

Thanks,

Dan