From whims...@aol.com
Subject setting up reverse proxy
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:46:05 GMT
The idea here is to get localhost/db/ to go where localhost:5984 goes is that correct?

Well I've tried using the wiki on reverse proxy and I'm totally failing. This code is specific
to someone's computer.
I put it into my httpd.conf and it does not work.

I can't figure this out from the wiki. Can someone offer some suggestions.

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
   DocumentRoot "/opt/websites/web/www/dummy"
   ServerName couchdb.localhost
   AllowEncodedSlashes On
   ProxyRequests Off
   KeepAlive Off
   <Proxy *>
      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 127.0.0.1
   </Proxy>
   ProxyPass / http://localhost:5984/ nocanon
   ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5984/
   ErrorLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-error_log"
   CustomLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>