From whims...@aol.com
Subject confused about authentication in php vs couchdb
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 03:06:47 GMT
How do you do the sort of authentication that happens in php mysql with couchdb?

I sort of understand how php authentication works sort of...you can dynamically write pages
depending on the credentials
of a user. The credentials are checked against the mysql database and then stored in php somehow
Using HTTP apache authentication I can hide certain webpages from certain users unless their
credentials
are sent each time using some mechanism.  I understand how to do this in php.

But since I am bypassing php and mysql how do I do this without it?
Is there some sort of pdf about going from mysql/php to couchdb or
is it too young a technology for this to happen?
Couch seems so elegant and simple compared to the php/mysql alternative.

Thanks

Dan