From Alan Hoffman <a...@cloudant.com>
Subject Work at Cloudant!
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:50:23 GMT
Hi All-

Cloudant is looking for seriously talented developers that think concurrently to join our
team and help us extend our hosted CouchDB data platform.  You would be working with experts
in distributed erlang, CouchDB, search, and high-availability cloud services.  Check out our
job posting below, and send me an email if you're interested.

Cheers

Alan Hoffman
Co-founder, Cloudant

+++++++++++++++++++
At Cloudant we're building a hosted data platform based on Apache CouchDB.  We're serious
about data management, analytics, search and distributed systems.  Our founding team consists
of 3 physics PhDs from MIT and our company includes experts in database tech, devops, analytics,
UI/UX, and search.

We're looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join us at our Boston and
Seattle offices.  You should be a technical generalist ready and eager to jump into any problem
and able to learn the skills necessary to do so.  You will be working closely with our CTO
on the core parts of our data platform and have the opportunity to influence product development
at the highest levels.  Our only requirement is that you have experience writing Erlang/OTP
applications.  While not necessary, experience with the other tools we use for our platform
(C/C++, CouchDB, Chef) is a huge plus.  We're more impressed by talent, passion, and ability
to execute well in a small team (since we are a small team). Here is a list of requirements
and other things that can't hurt your chances:

REQUIREMENTS

Mastery of Erlang/OTP Applications for distributed systems

LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN'T HURT

Experience developing in C/C++
Familiarity with CouchDB and other NoSQL databases
Notable experience working on open-source projects
An advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field

Cloudant is a VC-funded software startup with offices in Boston and Seattle. Compensation
includes full time salary, generous equity compensation plan, and benefits. More info at:

http://cloudant.com

To apply, visit cloudant.theresumator.com and include a resume and why you'd be a great fit
for Cloudant