From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.2 has been released
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:31:16 GMT

On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:

> My congrats for the new release, but I am confused. Why is there
> 0.11.2 after 1.0? Shouldn't it be 1.1 or something like that?

The 0.11.2 is a maintenance release of the 0.11.x branch. We'll continue to maintain the 0.11
line until 1.1 is released or as long as the community needs it.

Chris

> Best regards
> --
> Paweł Stawicki
> http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com
> http://szczecin.jug.pl
>

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 21:00, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Apache CouchDB 0.11.2 has been released and is available for download:
>>
>>        http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> Changes in this release:
>>
>>  * Replicator buxfixes for replicating design documents from secured databases.
>>  * Better error messages on invalid URL requests.
>>  * User documents can now be deleted by admins or the user.
>>  * Avoid potential DOS attack by guarding all creation of atoms.
>>  * Some Futon and JavaScript library bugfixes.
>>
>> Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed in
a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental replication with bi-directional
conflict detection and resolution.

>> CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment that
allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that make this even easier
from your programming language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console
speaks directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your browser.

>> CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for
building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design that is easily
scalable and readily extensible.