From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Template file names
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:17:12 GMT

On Aug 12, 2010, at 11:00 AM, David Goodenough wrote:

> On Thursday 12 August 2010, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>> On Aug 12, 2010, at 5:27 AM, David Goodenough wrote:
>>> My question was not so much about which template system to use
>>> as about whether the template system had any sensitivity to the
>>> file extension of the template files, in particular does it set the
>>> content-type from the extension.
>>
>> No, the templates are stored as part of the JSON document bodies, so
> there
>> is no content type. The `couchapp` script removes extensions when
> pushing.
>> There are other design document management tools which do not
> remove
>> extensions. It's really up to you. I've chosen to remove extensions
>> because it makes it easier to address templates etc in JavaScript.
> So when the file is served what header Content-Type is set?

The file, when embedded in the JSON document, is served as JSON. See, for instance:

http://jchris.couchone.com/proto/_design/proto

(It's a giant JSON blob with some templates embedded in it)

Of course, binary attachments are served with the content type they are PUT with, eg, see:

http://jchris.couchone.com/toast/_design/toast/images/icon.png

Chris