From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Modify a field in multiple documents
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:37:23 GMT
Hello,

I recently needed to modify a field in some documents in a CouchDB database. Since there were
26000+ of them I didn't want to edit them all via Futon, so I threw together a little Python
script with the aid of Couchdbkit.

The code is here: http://gist.github.com/533964

Maybe someone else will find this useful.

The script currently loads all documents at once. For large numbers of documents to update
you might need to add some form of pagination. Saving batches of docs to a temporary list
and using bulk_save to send the updated docs to CouchDB might also speed up things. Anyway,
the current naive approach worked fine for my 26000+ docs.

Nils.