From Volker Mische <>
Subject Re: geocouch: limit number of points in an area
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 20:54:44 GMT
On 01.08.2010 22:48, J Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Volker Mische wrote:
>> On 01.08.2010 17:24, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>>> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Volker Mische<>
>>> This solution doesn't work when you have a lot of points though. Do
>>> you plan to add such things to geocouch ?
>> Clustering isn't that easy. I think some layer on top of GeoCouch should/will be
built to handle such things. It can even be in any programming language and communicate with
GeoCouch via HTTP.
> If there is a threshold that can be emitted with the points, maybe a _list function is
the way to filter it server side.

The problem is, that the points are potentially returned in random
order. So you never know if there will be a point that is close to
anther one at a later stage.

View raw message