From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geocouch: limit number of points in an area
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 12:17:07 GMT
On 01.08.2010 10:53, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to limit number of points retrieved for an area
> depending on its size. Ie When playing with the zoom on the map I want
> to be able to only display and retrieved only main points instead of
> all the points in this area. Is there a simple way to do that actually
> ?
>
> - benoit

Hi Benoit,

there a two ways. Either introducing a "limit" parameter, but that's
probably not what you want. It would limit to a arbitrary selection (not
the "main points" as you'd like to have it).
You probably want clusters. My suggestion is to do it on the client side
with OpenLayers' cluster strategy [1][2].

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster.html
[2] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-cluster-threshold.html

Cheers,
   Volker