From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: example of php request with admin login:pass@localhost
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:03:47 GMT
Hello,

I'm the lead developer of the PHP-on-Couch library, that you can find on github @ http://github.com/dready92/PHP-on-Couch
. I highly suggest you use this one (or any other PHP library) to talk with couch server :
that way your code will be more maintenable and you don't have to re-code the wheel.

Admitting your CouchDB server got an administrator "admin" with pass "secret", the following
code should help you getting started :

<?PHP
require_once "lib/couch.php";
require_once "lib/couchClient.php";
require_once "lib/couchAdmin.php";

$couch_dsn = "http://admin:secret@localhost:5984/";

// create a database "rasmusdb"
$client = new couchClient ($couch_dsn, "rasmusdb" );
$client->createDatabase();

// create a user "rasmus" with password "lerdorf" and set it administrator of database "rasmusdb"
$adm = new couchAdmin($client);
$adm->createUser("rasmus","lerdorf");
$adm->addDatabaseAdminUser("rasmus");

Regards,