From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My first few days of using couchdb
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:49:37 GMT

On Jul 25, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Joe Bloggs wrote:

> I have been impressed with couchdb so far but I have now hit the first problem
> that I cannot see how to resolve easily.
>
> I have a few test documents with a photo attached to each. I want to tag these
> photos so I have a field called tags. This tag field may contain 1 or many tags.
>
> For example:-
>
> [ "holiday","camping"]
> or
> ["holiday","skiing"]
>
> I can easily create a view that allows me to search the tags with ?key="holiday"
> however I cannot work out how to select photos which contains both tag1 and
> tag2.

the simplest way to do this is with 2 view queries, and compute the intersection.

the other option is to emit the tags list in all possible permutations (you can cut them down
a bit if you only emit them sorted by alpha order). this will make a much larger index, especially
if docs tend to have more than 3 or so tags.