From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 has been released
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:53:34 GMT

On 14 Jul 2010, at 15:27, Nils Breunese wrote:

> Cory Zue wrote:
>
>> Does this mean we can expect an Ubuntu package distro sometime in the
>> near future? :)
>
> AFAIK Linux distribtions like Ubuntu don't tend to update package versions during a release,
unless backporting fixes is really not a viable option. I guess you'll need to wait for a
future Ubuntu release or maybe a third-party package.

Ubuntu usually pulls from Debian, and I'm not sure about how active the CouchDB package maintainers
are. You should feel free to email them, grabbing the contact details from the Debian homepage
for the package. In this case, Ubuntu might beat Debian to it, because CouchDB is quite important
to them. I'm sure it won't be long, either way - before you see the 1.0 release done.