From Steven Prentice <steven.prentice...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help querying a view using an array key!
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:29:19 GMT
Hi couchers,
so I have a java web interface that connects to couch, in this users can
enter some optional parameters to query a view. I am trying to determine the
most efficient way to query the view using keys (as opposed to filters),
this is becuse the database is quite large and growing every day (its upt to
about half a million rows). if I use a filter on the view it takes too long
and the request times out :(

I have created a view with the required keys and optional parameters as
keys. and it looks something like this: [Type, typeUUID, subType,
subtypeName, accessingSystem, accessingUsername, dateCreated] system,
username and date are the optional arguments (with date, users can enter
fromDate and/or ToDate) ...I really dont think this type of query is
possible when having everything in the key....my one idea was to make a view
for each type of query in which i would have 7 different views and request
that view depending on the request...for example if the user enters a
accessingSystem i could call the view that as a key of [Type, typeUUID,
subType, subtypeName, accessingSystem] or if the user enters accessingSystem
and toDate have a key with [Type, typeUUID, subType, subtypeName,
accessingSystem, date] and so on... any ideas? would it be at all possible
to have all of this functionality with my one view contains all of the keys
and use some sort of crazy startkey, endkey type lookup?