From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject doc coming back null even if include_docs specified
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:25:56 GMT
I have a strange problem that I *think* is a bug in couchdb.

I have a document with a child property, that itself has an _id field:

{
 _id : "abc",
 child: { _id: "efg",
           somethingelse: 5 }
}

then I have a view that's emitting the children as objects:

function (doc) {
  if (doc.child) {
        emit(doc.child._id, doc.child);
  }
}

This works fine, but when I query the view with include_docs=true it
still returns null for the doc.  However, if I lookup the doc by id it
is there.

Is this a known problem?  Am I doing something wrong or illegal?

This is in .11, I haven't tested in 1.0 yet.

thanks,
Cory