incubator-couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb 1.0.0 with ubuntu 10.4
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:07:33 GMT
It seems that the command `xulrunner --gre-version` outputs the correct
version number, so it may be used in an installation script.
I've added a note about it in the wiki-page.

 a.

On 17 July 2010 18:26, cdr53x <cdr53x@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've successfuly installed the 1.0.0 version on a Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> It has replaced my previous 0.11 version, installed using the info in the
> wiki page. From my point of view, there is nothing broken in the configure
> or make rules in the 1.0.0 tarball.
>
> As the wiki indicates, there is no moz-js packages in the Ubuntu 10.04
> release, you have to use xulrunner instead. And you have to indicate the
> libraries when invoking the configure command.
>
> Maybe you're experiencing dependencies or system configuration issues, or
> you missed something in the installation procedure. I had similar issues
> with a 0.11 version after a system upgrade. The bottom line was that the
> xulrunner libs have been updated, and that I needed to reconfigure them (
> wiki provides the instructions). Maybe you're running into the same case.
>
> However if you want to cross check against a working 1.0.0 version on
> ubuntu 10.04, here are the packages installed on my computer :
>
> Erlang packages :
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep erlang
> ii  erlang-base                          1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP virtual machine and base applicat
> ii  erlang-crypto                        1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP cryprographic modules
> ii  erlang-dev                           1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP development libraries and headers
> ii  erlang-inets                         1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP Internet clients and servers
> ii  erlang-mnesia                        1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP distributed relational/object hyb
> ii  erlang-public-key                    1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP public key infrastructure
> ii  erlang-runtime-tools                 1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP runtime tracing/debugging tools
> ii  erlang-ssl                           1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP implementation of SSL
> ii  erlang-syntax-tools                  1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2
>              Erlang/OTP modules for handling abstract Erl
> ii  erlang-xmerl
>
> Js lib (xulrunner ) :
>
> dpkg -l | grep xul
> ii  xulrunner-1.9                        1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
>              dummy upgrade package for xulrunner-1.9
> ii  xulrunner-1.9.2                      1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
>              XUL + XPCOM application runner
> ii  xulrunner-1.9.2-dev                  1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
>              XUL + XPCOM development files
> ii  xulrunner-dev
>
> I used the following command line for configure :
>
>
> /configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/lib
> --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/include
>
> Then just issued make && sudo make install and it did it (permissions were
> already set on my 0.11 version )
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> cdr
>
>
>
>
>  I am also experiencing the same thing. I had previously installed 0.11
>> successfully and solved the problem described in the page. This time I
>> installed 1.0, and I cannot see any errors. It just hangs on the test
>> suites. It created two databases but it hangs there.
>>
>>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message