From Paweł Stawicki <pawelstawi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang process consuming most resources on Ubuntu
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:10:46 GMT
There is nothing in my couch.log file (it is in
/var/log/couchdb/couch.log). Only messages about couchdb started,
stopped, and my regular access operations.
--
Paweł Stawicki
http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 20:24, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:
>
>> My system is Ubuntu 10.04. Couchdb is 0.11. My both cores are utilised
>> at about 70% by erlang:
>>
>> Full process name is:
>> /usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.4/bin/beam.smp -Bd -K true -- -root
>> /usr/lib/erlang -progname erl -- -home /home/pawel -- -noshell
>> -noinput -sasl errlog_type error -couch_ini /etc/couchdb/default.ini
>> /etc/xdg/desktop-couch/compulsory-auth.ini
>> /home/pawel/.config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini -s couch
>> -pidfile /home/pawel/.cache/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.pid -heart
>>
>> Why is it utilising so much resources, and how can I do something about it?
>>

> my guess is you have something using CouchDB a lot (maybe Gwibber) that you could kill.
>
> the best way to find out is to tail the couch.log file (not sure where it is on your
OS, but default.ini should have it listed)

> Gwibber does some inefficient stuff, it might be a simple fix to get rid of the overhead.
Anyone's who's interested in fixing it, let us know, maybe we can help track down the source
of the problem.