From ilker cigdemal <ilkercigde...@gmail.com>
Subject installing spider monkey problem for couchdb
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:50:50 GMT
Hello everyone,
I am going to work with couchdb so i need to install it. I install all
prerequisites for installing couchdb i installed and created some databases
and documents then i run a view but it didn't work. So i noticed that i
haven't install spider monkey. I uninstalled couchdb i installed spider
monkey. I followed these steps to install spider monkey:
I use ubuntu 10.04, it doesn't have a package so, i need to install from
source

make BUILD_OPT=1 -f Makefile.ref
ln -s /home/ilker/js/src/Linux_All_OPT.OBJ/libjs.so /usr/local/lib
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/js

root@ilker-laptop:/home/ilker/js/src# cp *.h Linux_All_OPT.OBJ/jsautocfg.h
*.msg /usr/local/include/js

but when i try to configure couchdb
root@ilker-laptop:/opt/apache-couchdb-0.11.0# ./configure
i get this message at the end
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... yes
checking jsapi.h usability... no
checking jsapi.h presence... no
checking for jsapi.h... no
checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
checking for js/jsapi.h... no
configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.
Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?

so i have jsapi.h file in /usr/local/include/js
but i think couchdb cannot see it
where do i need to put my spider monkey lib?
i mean, how can i do a proper spider monkey installation?