From andy e <virtuala...@gmail.com>
Subject Building an RPM for Red Hat EL / Fedora
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 02:10:19 GMT
Can someone point me to a few instructions on building an RPM of
CouchDB 0.11 (preferrably, but I'll take a .spec file for 0.10.x) for
RH / Fedora?
I've seen a few posts about doing this, but no idea where to really start.

Ideally, I'd like to compile the necessary dependencies
(SpiderMonkey/JS, libcurl, etc) into one big .rpm that could be
deployed to multiple RH machines (same version / arch) without having
to recompile on each box. I think I need to statically compile those
libs, but it's been a while since I've built these types of projects
(Java development provides a nice abstraction that way ;) ).

If you have a working .rpm that I can just dig through, that works,
too. I've got 0.10.2 (?) built and running on RHEL 5.4, but it would
be nice to have a verifiable and consistent RPM for future installs.

Thanks in advance,

Andy