From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: windows - hard crash
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:31:33 GMT
FWIW I've also seen hard crashes with Mark's latest (1.0) installer,
the delayed_commits test hangs. Related, but not symptomatic, the
Windows setup doesn't use heart (so beam.smp crashes are not recovered
from).

B.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> Yue Chuan Lim <shasderias@gmail.com> reports that he's seeing a hard crash in the
design_docs test on windows.

> Here's his mail. He sent it to me b/c of spam blocking the original attempt to send.
>
> (The pastebin logs were also in the message. I stripped those b/c all the URLs might
be what's triggering the spam filter)

> ===
>
> Windows 7 32 bit - using Windows installer v1.0 obtained from http://people.apache.org/~mhammond/dist/1.0.0/
>
> Running the test suite fails very badly at design_docs test, conhost.exe/couchdb crashing
with the following error, need to restart the couchdb service manually afterwards to obtain
access to futon:

> Clean install, first thing I did after installation is to run the test suite using Firefox
3.6.7, tried install locations C:\Program Files\Apache...[etc] and d:\couchdb\

> Discovered by chance that if I start couchdb manually through "C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\CouchDB\bin\couchdb.bat" everything works fine.