From Ning Tan <ning...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publicly replicable couch app needed
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:01:47 GMT
I tried to replicate the first (focus) database through the following:

Futon replicator:
Local database: focus
Remote database: http://couchapp.org/focus/
My CouchDB version: 0.12.0a944258 (admin party)

However, the replicator icon just spins forever. I'm guessing my
corporate firewall may be blocking it. Does replication not use port
80?

Thanks.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2010, at 7:58 AM, Ning Tan wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm giving a short presentation on CouchDB replication to my
>> colleagues  and would like to demonstrate the "application is
>> document" aspect. Is there any good, publicly replicable couch apps
>> out there? I'd like to give it a try.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>

> Here are a few:
>
> http://couchapp.org/focus/_design/focus/index.html#/focus
>
> http://couchapp.org/photo/_design/proto/index.html
>
> http://couchapp.org/tapirwiki/_design/tapir/wiki.html#FrontPage
>
> And this one is crazy but could be made awesome with more work.
>
> http://couchapp.org/ice/_design/ice/index.html
>
> I hope others add their own to this list.
>
> I have a "Garden" app here:
>
> http://couchapp.org/garden/_design/garden/index.html
>
> It can be a bit challenging to get design documents to replicate. (It can help to put
the target couch in admin-party. I really hope this is fixed in 1.0...)