From Jon Gretar Borgthorsson <jongre...@jongretar.com>
Subject Re: View with multiple parameters
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:17:29 GMT
We tend not to do things like that. It's amazing how often one can engineer
away from doing things that way and how much faster and reliable working
within these constrictions are. First think about the problem and see if you
really need that. If things really overlap that way. It's difficult to say
without knowing your specific setup and needs.

However. Sometimes you cannot do things like that. I for example am working
on a real estate site where users make pretty complex queries using
location, sizes, number of rooms and so on. In a case like that you would
use couchdb-lucene[1]. But using a solution like that is a best practice no
matter what database you use. Doing complex queries into the database is a
bad waste of the database resource.

 [1]: http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene