From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to delete if _id="" ?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:36:47 GMT
On 28 July 2010 10:47, Alux <aluxob@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today I got a slightly funny problem. Creating a document using an update
> handler, I had the hope an _id would be crated if I dont provide one
> (similar to POST do the DB). This hope was in vain, so now I have one
> document with _id: "". (I did only once, because the second try gave an
> update conflict of course :) Futon doesn't give the possibility to open it
> (because a link text of length 0 doesnt make a link in the browsers I
> tested: Firefox, Opera, Crome), and I just can't imagine to curl it (curl
> -X
> DELETE http://locahost/sofa/ should rather delete the DB, right??).
>
> Any ideas?

I had the same issue a few days ago. I did ask about it in the irc channel,
but no one came up with a way to remove it, except for deleting the entire
DB (which worked for me). Apparently, an empty string is considered to be a
legal value for a doc's '_id', even though you can't really do much with
such a document.

I think this edge case is confusing, and maybe should not be exposed to
users at all.

 a.