From naren <naren.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: my 1.0 installation on ubuntu lucid fails to start
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 04:06:12 GMT
Yes, that was it... kinda. I followed your steps and I did find some
permissions I had to fix, but it still didn't resolve the issue. I then went
back to the Installing on Ubuntu wiki page and ran the steps from Example #2
for setting permissions:

# correct permissions:
sudo chown -R couchdb: ${prefix}/var/{lib,log,run}/couchdb ${prefix}/etc/couchdb
sudo chmod 0770 ${prefix}/var/{lib,log,run}/couchdb ${prefix}/etc/couchdb

And this fixed it.