From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:03:31 GMT
Can we please get rid of the hand drawn diagram?

I don't think it helps anyones understanding of the architecture and I find
it pretty distracting.

Also, I don't think the *front* page should have an architecture diagram
like this, it's a little too low level for the average person who is coming
along and looking for a build and maybe some docs.

Ideally, jQuery developers who come along and start writing couchapps don't
need to know about erlang/spidermonkey/mod-couch/icu they just care about
the API.

Maybe a diagram with a Browser, JSON,  HTTP REST -> CouchDB?

-Mikeal