From Alexander Perepelica <perepelica.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View with multiple parameters
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:24:48 GMT
Thank you for tip, I look at lucene. What I try to do is save to couchdb log
massages from application's and then create reports from this db. Log
messages are
{ datetime:XXX, ip:"192.168.0.1", category:11, command:12, key1:value1, ...,
keyN=valueM}
And I try create view for
Select *
from data Where datetime > ... and datetime < ... and ip in ["...","..."]
and category = "" ....

2010/7/16 Jon Gretar Borgthorsson <jongretar@jongretar.com>

> We tend not to do things like that. It's amazing how often one can engineer
> away from doing things that way and how much faster and reliable working
> within these constrictions are. First think about the problem and see if
> you
> really need that. If things really overlap that way. It's difficult to say
> without knowing your specific setup and needs.
>
> However. Sometimes you cannot do things like that. I for example am working
> on a real estate site where users make pretty complex queries using
> location, sizes, number of rooms and so on. In a case like that you would
> use couchdb-lucene[1]. But using a solution like that is a best practice no
> matter what database you use. Doing complex queries into the database is a
> bad waste of the database resource.
>
>  [1]: http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Alexander Perepelica <
> perepelica.alex@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> > I am new with couchdb. And I try to understand how can I create view
> where
> > can set >1 parameter.
> > When I work with with sql I can do such query
> > Select *  From data
> > Where ( Param1 >XXX and Param1 < YYY ) and ( Param2 >NNN and Param2 <
OOO

--
Perepelitca Alexander
Senior Developer, Department for new technology's

Institute for Recording information
Kyiv, Ukraine