From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Curl giving “Invalid UTF-8 JSON” error from CouchDb although JSON is fine? Any ideas?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:52:00 GMT
Hi Andrew

This is a windows thing regarding quoting - a real PITA. Unfortunately
cmd.exe shell on windows doesn't parse this correctly.
The rules for when escaping with a "" or a ^" or a \" are a bit vague
but this works:

C:\tmp>curl -X PUT
http://@127.0.0.1:5984/albums/6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af -d
"{\"title\":\"There is Nothing Left to Lose\",\"artist\":\"Foo
Fighters\"}"
{"ok":true,"id":"6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af","rev":"1-4b39c2971c9ad54cb37e08fa02fec636"}

C:\tmp>

"basically you need to \"escape\" all \"quotes\" within your JSON"

Is there any way we to get this updated in the online book?

A+
Dave