From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb and OpenSolaris
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:33:12 GMT
Can you create tickets for each issue you found?

Can you also make sure that you were using GNU Make.

As far as I am concerned, we want to support Solaris, so I will roll in any fixes you find.

On 13 Jul 2010, at 11:31, Knut Behrends wrote:

> >We need couchdb 0.11 installed onto a Solaris 10 server. Has anyone
> >written a more recent guide for installing couchdb on Solaris than the
> >Joyent 0.8.1 guide?
>
> Last month I succeeded in installing Couchdb on Solaris 10 following the Joyent Guide,
with some modifications.

> I managed to install a version of couchdb 0.11 that somehow passes the "make test", (or
whatever its name), but it starts up a nonworking couchdb.

> I had to install GNU sed and redo the configure - make -install cycle.
> Suns Built-in sed creates incorrect Makefile + other scripts.
>

> The diagnosis commands on the erl shell
> 1> application:start(couch)
> , mentioned on this web page
> "CouchDB fails to start, just hangs."
> was also helpful.
>
> But as I said, installing GNU sed and setting the PATH appropriately sufficed for me.
Don't know if this can help you on OPenSOlaris, though