From david martin <david.mar...@lymegreen.co.uk>
Subject Re: Serving audio/ogg HTML5 from CouchDB to Google Chrome
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:25:13 GMT
On 19/07/10 00:20, J Chris Anderson wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2010, at 2:57 PM, david martin wrote:
>

>> On 18/07/10 18:34, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 18, 2010, at 4:18 AM, david martin wrote:
>>>

> Thanks for the details.
>
> Perhaps this has to do with CouchDB not sending the content length header. This has been
fixed since 0.11.0, so upgrading to 0.11.1 or 1.0 should fix it.

> Chris

            Dear Chris, You are spot-on with your analysis of my rather
vaguely defined problem.

Support script suggestion:

   Q: Are you using the latest version of software?
   A: No, because 0.11.0 is pretty recent (compared with 0.10.0.1 on
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - come on Ubuntu!).
   Then say :- This has been fixed since 0.11.0, so upgrading to 0.11.1
or 1.0 should fix it!.

You are entirely right, an upgrade to 1.0 has fixed it, but if I did not
have an easily upgradeable  and
up-to-date community distribution like Arch on my purpose built Arch64
CouchDB KVM's and Dev. Machine
and had to go through hoops to get Ubuntu 10.04  to cleanly upgrade
without breaking the init.d startup
and getting the wrong javascript engine etc.etc. I would not have been
able to benefit easily from your advice.

I have updated the screenshot to reflect this, should now be called

Illustration_of_chrome_ogg_problem_If you can_not_easily_upgrade_your_software_to_the_latest_version!

Screenshot of SOLUTION now at<http://otperl.com/Illustration_of_chrome_ogg_problem.png>

Thank you again to all the developers at CouchDB (and CouchIO)

David Martin